Tonsil Surgery / Tonsillitis Treatment Overview
What is Tonsillitis?
Tonsils are lymphoid tissue on both side of tongue in the back of throat. They respond to unhealthy substances ingested, increase in size and help destroy them. Infection of tonsils is called tonsillitis.
Signs And Symptoms Of Tonsillitis
- High Grade Fever
- Inability To Swallow Food And Water
- Glands In Neck May Also Be Enlarged And Painful.
- Severe Throat Pain
- Tonsils Are Enlarged, Congested And Covered In Pus Points.
- Ear Pain & Infection Can Occur If Tonsillitis Remains Untreated
Does All Tonsillitis Require Surgery?
No. Acute tonsillitis is treated with medicines and gargles to clean the throat. Rare pus collection between tonsils and throat wall requires small surgical procedure to remove pus.
Chronic tonsillitis is treated with tonsillectomy where tonsils are removed under general anesthesia. This is usually a daycare procedure or hospitalization overnight. In 3-5 days patient is ready to resume normal duties.
Get Treated By The Best ENT Specialist Doctor In Delhi, NCR India
Diyos hospital is the best hospital in Delhi for tonsilltis treatment or tonsil removal surgery (tonsillectomy). We take utmost care for our patients and we are well equipped with the latest technology for a world-class treatment. Expect the best care from Diyos!
- Surgical Treatment Available – Yes
- Hospitalization Required – Depends on the Treatment
- Privacy Protected Treatment – Yes
- All Blood Test & Imaging Facilities Available – Yes
- Emergency Treatment Available – Yes
- Same Day Appointment Available – Yes
You can book an appointment with our ENT doctor here.