Sinusitis Treatment Overview
What is Sinusitis?
Sinus or Paranasal Sinuses are air filled spaces around the nose in the facial skeleton. They lighten the skull and provide depth to the voice. Infection in paranasal sinuses is known as sinusitis. Infection and allergy cause the drainage pathway of sinuses into the nose to get clogged. The retained secretion gets infected and causes symptoms.
Type of Sinusitis
- Can happen when a person has a cold or a seasonal allergy
- Symptoms usually go away within 7�10 days but can last up to 4 weeks
Sub- Acute Sinusitis
- Symptoms can last for up to 3 months
- Commonly occurs with bacterial infections or seasonal allergies
- Symptoms last for more than 3 months
- They’re often less severe. Bacterial infection may be to blame in these cases
- Commonly occurs alongside persistent allergies or structural nasal problems
Signs And Symptoms Sinusitis
- Nasal Discharge
- Facial Pain
- Nasal Obstruction
- Itchiness in nose
Causes of Sinusitis
- Having a previous respiratory tract infection, such as a cold
- Nasal polyps, which are small benign growths in the nasal passage that can lead to obstruction and inflammation
- Seasonal allergies
- Sensitivity to substances such as dust, pollen, and animal hair
- Having a weakened immune system
Treatment for Sinusitis
Patient is evaluated by nasal endoscopy in OPD and a CT scan of nose & sinuses. Depending on the cause, extent and severity, Acute Sinusitis is treated with antibiotics, antiallergics, nasal decongestant spray and drops. Steam inhalation helps greatly by opening up the nasal passages.
Get Treated By The Best ENT Specialist Doctor In Delhi, NCR India
Diyos hospital is the best hospital in Delhi for Sinusitis treatment. We take utmost care for our patients and we are well equipped with the latest technology for a world-class treatment. Expect the best care from Diyos!
Recurrent or Chronic sinusitis requires Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) under GA. Patient is discharged the next day after removal of nose packs.
Recurrent or Chronic sinusitis requires Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) under GA. Patient is discharged next day after removal of nose packs.
- Surgical Treatment Available – Yes
- Hospitalization Required – Depends on the Treatment
- Privacy Protected Treatment – Yes
- All Blood Test & Imaging Facilities Available – Yes
- Emergency Treatment Available – Yes
- Same Day Appointment Available – Yes