Eardrum Perforation Repair / Treatment Overview
Eardrum rupture is a small hole in the eardrum membrane (tympanic membrane) that can be due to any loud noise, infection , trauma or any other infection in the ear. The eardrum rupture if not treated well in time can lead to permanent hearing loss in the affected ear. The timely treatment prognosis is complete recovery in most cases.
Signs and Symptoms of A Ruptured Eardrum
- Pain In The Ear
- Pus Or Blood Discharge
- Decrease In Hearing Ability
- Tinnitus Or Buzzing/Ringing In Ears
Causes of Tympanic Membrane Rupture
- Loud noise
- Falling on the ear
- Harm, blow or trauma on the ear
- Sudden pressure changes such as airplane travel, scuba diving etc.
- Long standing ear infection can create pressure on the membrane with all the pus and fluid which can lead to a break in the eardrum.
Treatment of Eardrum Perforation In Delhi
The treatment depends upon the extent of membrane rupture, which your ENT specialist will decide. Some of the commonly opted treatment methods are :
- Medicines : The medication helps to treat the infection and provide the ear a better environment to heal. The smallest tear get healed of their own with the medication support.
- Temporary Paper Patching : Sometimes patching the perforated eardrum is required to accelerate healing. This paper patch helps in healing the tear faster.
- Tympanic Membrane Surgery : This is opted when no other treatment works, the soft tissue patch is taken from a donor site and it is then stitched to the tear area, it is known as tympanoplasty.
Get Treated By the Best ENT Specialist Doctor In Delhi, NCR India
Dr. Nayeem Ahmed Siddiqui And Dr. A. V. Ramesh Are Best ENT Doctors In Delhi.
Diyos hospital is the best hospital in Delhi for eardrum rupture treatment or tympanic membrane repair surgery. We take utmost care for our patients and we are well equipped with the latest technology for a world-class treatment. Expect the best care from Diyos!
- Surgical Treatment Available – Yes
- Hospitalization Required – Depends on the Treatment
- Privacy Protected Treatment – Yes
- All Blood Test & Imaging Facilities Available – Yes
- Emergency Treatment Available – Yes
- Same Day Appointment Available – Yes