Breast Cancer Treatment Overview
Breast cancer is becoming very common in India which is why various campaigns of self-breast examination and regular cancer screening has been promoted to increase the awareness. Breast cancer treatment includes surgery (lumpectomy, quadrantectomy, mastectomy), radiation therapy and chemotherapy. We at diyos believe in caring for the patient in her difficult times in all possible ways. Our gynaecologist oncologists are quite experienced in treating the whole patient rather than just the disease.
Causes Of Breast Cancer
- Childbirth after 30 years of age
- Early onset of menstrual cycle & late
- onset of menopause
- Excess alcohol use
- Family history of breast cancer
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
- Lump in the breast
- Discharge from the nipple (watery or bloody)
- Pain in breast area
- Change in the shape and size of breast
- Weight loss
- Swelling in one arm
- Loss of appetite
Treatment of Breast Cancer in Delhi, at Diyos
Treatment of breast cancer depends upon the grade and stage of the cancer. The most common treatment options for breast cancer are
- Chemotherapy is given to shrink the tumor size and kill the cancer cells in the body.
- Radiotherapy involves the focused x-ray beams on the breast area to shrink the tumour. Radiotherapy is very effective in preventing the recurrence of tumor.
- Surgery :Depending upon the stage and extent of the tumor, various types of surgeries are there –
- Lumpectomy : just the tumor is removed, all other breast area remains intact. This is done in early detection cases of breast cancer.
- Quadrantectomy : The one fourth portion of breast is removed along with the tumor. The rest of the breast area is saved as the cancer has not spread in the full area.
- Mastectomy : Whole breast is removed and it is replaced by the artificial implants as per patient’s wish and requirements.
Get Treated By The Best Breast Cancer Specialist Doctors In Delhi, NCR India
Diyos hospital is the best hospital in Delhi for Breast cancer treatment and cancer surgery. We take utmost care for our patients and we are well equipped with the latest technology for a world-class treatment. Expect the best care from Diyos!
- Surgical Treatment Available – Yes
- Hospitalization Required – Depends on the Treatment
- Privacy Protected Treatment – Yes
- All Blood Test & Imaging Facilities Available – Yes
- Emergency Treatment Available – Yes
- Same Day Appointment Available – Yes
You can book an appointment with our oncologist Gynacologist here.