Kidney Stone Treatment Hospital in Delhi NCR, India
Various wastes are dissolved in urine. Crystals arise when there is too much waste in too little liquid. The crystals attract other elements and combine together to form a solid that will grow in size unless it is excreted in the urine. The kidney, the body's master chemist, usually eliminates these compounds in the urine. Having enough liquid washes them out in most people, or other compounds in urine prevent a stone from developing. Calcium, oxalate, urate, cystine, xanthine, and phosphate are stone-forming compounds.
Kidney stones are the crystals of different sizes and shapes that cause pain in the lower back and groin. These stones sometimes get lodged in the urinary tract and these are very painful for the patient. They block the urine flow which needs immediate treatment. To avoid such medical emergencies, timely treatment of the kidney or urinary stones is necessary.
The kidney stones can vary from tiny sand like particles to 30mm and more. The tiny sand-like stones which are less than 2-3 mm are passed with urine flow after taking medicines and increasing the liquid intake. Whereas kidney stones of more than 3mm size require treatment.
Types of Kidney stones
There are four main types of Kidney stones:
- Calcium oxalate : The most frequent type of kidney stone, formed when calcium in the urine reacts with oxalate. Inadequate calcium and fluid intake, as well as other factors, may play a role in their development.
- Uric Acid : Another prevalent type of kidney stone is uric acid. Purines are a natural chemical component found in high amounts in foods like organ meats and shellfish. When you consume a lot of purine, your body produces more monosodium urate, which can cause kidney stones in the correct circumstances. These types of stones have a tendency to run in families.
- Struvite : Infections in the upper urinary system create these stones, which are less prevalent.
- Cystine : Cystine stones are among the least common kidney stones, and they affect both men and women equally. Men and women with Cystinuria, a hereditary condition, are more likely to develop these sorts of stones. Cystine is a type of acid that is distributed throughout the body and is excreted through the kidneys into the urine.
Causes of Kidney Stones
The primary cause behind kidney stones is a lesser amount of water intake. Another factors that can lead to kidney stones are Obesity, weight loss surgery, or consuming foods high in salt or
sugar are all risk factors. Infections and family history may play a role in some people's health. A high fructose diet is linked to a higher risk of kidney stone formation.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
- Pain in the groin region and side areas
- Signs of blood while passing urine (hematuria)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Passing less amount of urine
- Burning and itching sensation when passing urine
- The frequent feeling of urination
- Urine that smells bad
Kidney stone diagnosis
A medical history, physical examination, and imaging studies are used to diagnose kidney stones. The size and shape of the kidney stones will be important to your doctors. This can be done with a high-resolution CT scan from the kidneys to the bladder, or a "KUB x-ray" (kidney-ureter-bladder x-ray), which shows the size and location of the stone.
Blood and urine tests will be used to assess the health of your kidneys. The size and placement of your stone, as well as your overall health, will be taken into account.
The size, specific placement, and consistency of the stone, as well as the patient's state, all influence how the stone is managed. It includes everything from medication to surgery. The size of the stone is the most important criterion in selecting the modality.
Surgery is performed to keep kidney function from decreasing and disease from developing.
Diyos hospital offers one of the best Kidney stone treatments in Delhi. We care for our patients and understand how sensitive the topic is, we take utmost care to keep our patient's record confidential.
Lithotripsy With Holmium Laser For Kidney Stones
Ureterorenoscopic lithotripsy with Holmium Laser is the most advanced kidney stone treatment by laser in delhi and all over India. It is considered as the best laser option for urinary stones and bladder stones though, as the probe passes through the urethra.
The probe passes into the ureter through urethra and it breaks the stone into tiny particles by laser beam. These stone particles then come out of urethra by normal urine flow.
- One day or half-day hospitalization
- No cut or incision on your body
- Fastest recovery
- Stone removal happens by the urine stream
RIRS ( Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery / Flexible Ureterorenoscopy )
Intrarenal lithotripsy is now possible because of the invention of the flexible ureteroscope. Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery is ureterorenoscopy with a flexible ureteroscope (RIRS). It can be used to remove stones from any part of the tract. It's designed for patients for whom ESWL isn't possible or has failed. The surgeon may see practically any part of the urinary system with these flexible scopes.
- Best treatment modality to treat upper ureteric stone as well as small and multiple stones in any part of the kidney.
- No incision on the body
- Short hospital stay ( 1 day )
- Quick Recovery
- A flexible ureteroscope can reach any part of the kidney and with the help of a holmium laser all stone can be fragmented and taken out.
- Fine dust particles will automatically come on their own through a urinary passage.
PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy)
Commonly known as PCNL, this technique is used for bigger kidney stones. This is a minimal invasive approach and it requires a small incision near the back. A tiny incision of about 7 to 10mm is made and the probe is introduced in the body.The big stone is then broken into small stone fragments and then taken out.
- Requires hospitalization of about 2 days
- Patients can resume activities in 1 to 2 weeks
- Performed for unusually big stones
- Minimal Invasive treatment
- Faster recovery than open surgery
Get Treated By The Best Urologist In Delhi, NCR & India
Diyos hospital offers one of the best Kidney Stone treatments in Delhi, NCR, India . We care for our patients and understand how sensitive the topic is, we take utmost care to keep our patient's record confidential. Expect the best care from Diyos!
- Surgical Treatment Available - Yes
- Hospitalization Required - Depends on the Treatment
- Privacy Protected Treatment - Yes
- All Blood Test & Imaging Facilities Available - Yes
- Emergency Treatment Available - Yes
- Same Day Appointment Available - Yes